Medical Device Audit
A global medical device manufacturer that is a leading provider of innovative technologies for the treatment of atrial fibrillation (Afib) and related conditions, invests in innovation, clinical science, and education to focus on improving lives for its patients worldwide. Headquartered near Cincinnati, Ohio, with more than 650 employees worldwide, the global medical device manufacturer sells products in more than 80 countries and holds 138 patents.
The medical device manufacturer needed a solution to audit all inventory across multiple locations, as stock passed between customer hospital locations and between sales reps, making it hard to track.
The medical device manufacturer required RGIS to provide the following:
- Experience within a healthcare environment
- National coverage to cover all locations
- Recommendations of process change to track stock
- Have an understanding of tracking stock across different locations
The medical device manufacturer partnered with RGIS to complete the medical device audit, and provided the following:
- Experienced RGIS teams determined the cause of the post-acquisition problems
- RGIS designed a specialized certification program, utilizing healthcare inventory specialists across the country
- A central RGIS scheduling team and a single point of contact resulted in efficient
and organized audits
The medical device manufacturer found by outsourcing the medical device audit to RGIS, the following results were achieved:
- RGIS determined that ineffective tracking and inconsistent data entry were the main causes of the customer’s issues
- With new technology and tracking procedures, the stock was easily tracked across locations, giving greater visibility to each account’s daily inventory status
- Sales reps could spend time with clients rather than on inventory audits or counts,
and still have the correct stock available for each client case
By moving away from an in-house approach, the customer was able to solve inventory tracking problems. The process became more efficient, and employees were able to stay focused.